my good buddy Bethany and I will be heading to the beach this weekend to spend some quality time with our good buddy Amy. You see Amy is about to embark on the journey of motherhood (she is 8 months pregnant) and we wanted one last hang out time before all of that starts in March. We hope to have a bunch of fun just chillin (not like any sort of villans) and doing what women do best.. talking. Now I am not going to say that talking is good or bad - I suppose it could be either - but what I am constantly amazed at is the difference in how we women communicate vs. the opposite (and I mean opposite) sex. My hubby and his buddies talk. But then they can hang out for hours and not talk. Typically they are doing something like playing a video game or some other activity... I have just always found it interesting (and sometimes ridiculous) how little men talk. NOTE: I know that I am stereo typing. It is hard to speak about any group of people without making some stereotypes.
ANYWAY.. I sort of rambled up there. My point to this blog is that when I leave my house for a night I always say something like we are having a "weekend away"... but what the heck am I getting away from? My wonderful husband whom I will miss.. our adorable & energetic puppy.. my comfy bed.. our house.. all the comforts of home. I suppose I will be evading the dishes and laundry for a night but they will most likely be waiting for me when I get back!
1 comment:
Septapus rules. I think i understand your confusion Molly. Let me enlighten you (generally) women will talk about anything... and everything. Men (generally) talk if they have something to say.
Quality of talking is what matters. Not quantity.
Post a Comment