Sunday, February 18, 2007

House

I have two things to talk about..
1) Don't you just love the show "House"? I really enjoy his dry, witty sarcasm. I hope to never be a jerk like him but man alive is it written well!

2) We are buying a HOUSE!!! We are so stoked. Last Sunday we went house shopping with our real estate agent, Terry. She took us to several houses we liked but we fell in love with one in particular house. With the time crunch upon us (I had to go home, pack and fly away to Reno again) we decided that we wanted to make an offer! This was a huge step and really exciting but also a little scary. (I've never spent that kind of money before!)

So, Terry went to her office and got the paperwork pulled together, we came home and I packed.. then we met Terry at the Airport Way - Sheri's - had some coffee and signed our lives away.. I mean signed the offer paperwork. I think we were probably some of her easiest clients EVER :) just guessing. Anyway, they counteroffered and we accepted their counter on Wednesday. Yesterday (Saturday) we went and watched the inspector do his thing.. He gave the house a "clean bill of health" which we were pretty certain of anyway. Now we just have to wait on the financing part of things and in about a month (give or take a few days) we will have our very own house!! Micah and I are SO excited, I hope we don't drive everyone nuts with all of our house talk... please give us grace :)

It has been a fabulous weekend home talking about house stuff.. AND we got to go meet Maddox. He is really cute! It is fun to see Kyle and Emily jumping into this new life of parenthood. From what I saw they are doing a great job of working as a team and loving on their new little guy. Way to go Mellanders!

Well, I gotta go get packing so I can fly to Reno.. one more week and then I will (mostly) be home! Soon to be in our NEW Home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! Boy, did he miss you!

Emily said...

Congrats on the house, can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

are you still buying that house? i drove by it yesterday and it said "available" i was confused...
gwen

Anonymous said...

Yup. Apparently they don't have a "Sale Pending" sticker.. it kinda freaked me out when we drove by it!