I appreciate the input from my friends with children (last blog entry) - I wish we got to see them more often!!
I am not in the same place in life though.. we sometimes sit around (probably even on Friday nights) and watch our dog. She is so cute! So, what about people that are in my station in life. Married without children. What is a normal Friday night? (not that "normal" really exists)
I just want to make sure that I'm not missing out on some amazing part of life that I won't be able to partake of AFTER we have kids.. Insight from any of you without kids? Even if you aren't married..
Dahlia: My Cello Performance
10 years ago
3 comments:
I'm afraid Kelly and I aren't going to be much help in this area. Our Friday nights consist of me working until sometime between 10:30pm to 3:00am, and Kelly finding something to do to avoid hating my job and missing me. Lately, she's been working on this really cool mosaic table, but she finished that last week. She hangs out with lady friends often too.
Married with children...married without children...I think once you're married, period...or have are in a serious relationship, no longer strutting your stuff out in the wide world, attempting to attract that special someone who will love you for who you are and not for what your strutting (ironic)...life settles into comfortable patterns (sometimes mistaken for boredom). So unless you are looking to strutt again (highly unlikely)...I'd say your Friday nights are pretty fulfilling because we're not out looking to find a date for a Friday night...because we have our special someone already by our side Friday after Friday after glorious Friday. :-)
i'm not married (...yet...), but since I've been in a serious relationship, Nessie's comment is oh-so-true. No more 'really exciting' friday nights. But it's amazing how thrilling the discovery channel, some yummy dessert and snuggling on the couch becomes on a friday. or how about taking a walk around the neighborhood. or better yet, running errands. =) i'd say you're not missing out on anything!! =)
Post a Comment