Sunday, June 11, 2006

Birds of paradise and Flaming Goats?

Yeah.. that's right, two updates in one day! Can you handle it?

So after the graduation party we went to Applebees (it took FOREVER to get a table), the next day my mother made breakfast for us and Micah's parents. Then we had a big ol' BBQ that afternoon.. Praise God for fabulous weather! Lots of our friends and family joined us for this time of hanging out and some got to see our house for the first time. It was fun.. but after this weekend.. I have to tell you that we were both ready for a vacation!

On that Wednesday we left for Kauai. Kauai is the Garden Isle and is gorgeous.. we took lots of pics but most of them didn't capture the breathtaking beauty of this island where God seemed determined to show off.


This is at the B&B we stayed at our first 2 nights.. about 4 miles inland.. really nice.

This is the ocean view from the resort we were at for the other 4 nights






us by the pool...










------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waterfalls...























------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beaches..


Micah trying to catch the "big one"
(wave, that is)

Me.. trying to catch a little one.. and trying to keep my swimsuit :)



(above)In the distance is the "forbidden island". As we understand it, you have to be Hawaiian to go there but they sell tours $$$ so you can go and boat around it (you still can't go ON the island).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tropical fishes..























these fish were after me..
can't you see it in their eyes?










--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Birds of Paradise.. what does that make you think of.. is it this?


or these..

Chickens! Chickens EVERYWHERE!

Legend has it that years ago when Mongoose were being imported to Kauai to take care of the bird population the man that was unloading the crate onto the dock got bit by the mongoose and knocked it into the bay.. they have never tried to get rid of the chickens since.. they don't belong to anyone but you are not supposed to feed them. If you want to catch one and take it home for dinner they don't seem to care..

Micah and I were talking and he said the Rooster is the "bird of paradise" instead of the Flaming goat. ???? What??? I laughed really hard and then figured out that he said Flamingo but I just didn't hear it right! So.. there you have it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following pictures are of our trip to the Wiamea Canyon (I think I spelled it right).
Breathtaking.
















































the beach is that way..














Fondly remembered as "Puu Your Mom Your Mom Lookout"

(We don't know what Hinahina really means..)






-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Hummers make good fire trucks!








----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ON TO THE LUAO!





mmm.. the food was so good..


















Yeah.. I looked hot in that hula outfit!
Oh wait.. that isn't me! Who is the chick with my husband?














What is she doing? What is HE doing?
He got called up to dance.. if you know Micah at all you know that he was really embarassed.. so I took pictures :) Like a good wife..












That's me. Whiter and slightly more skin covered than on that hula girl!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my those are beautiful pictures!! the one of you scooba diving is a bit freaky lookin(= ......at first when i saw the hoola chick i thought... "wow molly looks hot" then i was like " who the heck is that with micah!!!!???" oh my, i am glad you cleared that one up for me(=
that is so fabulous that you guys were able to go there!!!!
we wanted to come to the bbq.. but we already had plans that afternoon.... )=

tata

thesticklergirl said...

Gwen -
Thanks for mistaking the hula girl for me! that makes me feel good :)
We missed you at the BBQ.. but we were glad to see you at church last Sunday!

Emily - sorry it took me so long to get pictures on here.. I know I'm slow..

Bethany said...

:) Wow what a blog entry! It makes me happy for some reason that chickens run rampit on that island..it just fits some how..for that to be the island the sticklers go to. I'm really glad you both had a good and relaxing time. It'll be awesome to all go in 5 years... oh what may 5 years bring!?

K said...

Three cheers for Micah doing the Hula! Awesome pictures, I'm glad you and Micah had such a great time. I think I may try to head to the Garden Isle at some point in my life. I think I know who that random graduate in your pictures is -- I'm selling the information on Ebay, just so you know.
Kelly :)