This brings me to my point. I am working on planning stuff to take to the hospital. I have lists from a few different places - but what I'm wondering is:
What would be essential if it was you? I don't care if you have had kids before or if you just have ideas or friends that have told you stories or whatever... just tell me your ideas!
This was taken 3/23/2008
In other news: If you want to know what my Dr. appointments are like - you can go to the Knizley blog and read her account - that pretty much covers it. Although I have to say that the glucose test wasn't bad at all... the stuff I drank was like a small bottle of sprite. Not nearly as bad as I assumed it was going to be!
Other things I am planning or not planning:
- I am hoping for certain things during labor (like no pain and very little work - HA HA HA!) but I am not really "planning" it - because it seems that most people with a plan end up being disappointed.
- How my first month after LimaBean enters the world will look.
- How we will pay for things like health ins. for the little guy, diapers, etc.
- How I will go back to work successfully
- How Micah can help with stuff around the house
- Who should come to visit, when?
Etc.
I am doing pretty well at not letting all of this stuff get to me. I am able to trust that God has a plan. I know that it will not be easy - but we are so excited about all of the adventure that is ahead of us!
Remember, I want your opinion on what to take to the hospital!!! Please respond.
6 comments:
camera for sure! car seat ( put that in the car a month in advance), address book, toothbrush (they dont have extras there) several under garments, tiny clothes for baby... we lived right down the street from providence so that was nice justin just ran home for things we forgot, i am sure bethany would run to your house for you if you happen to need somehting.
Yep i suppose i would.(regarding Gwens message) anything you need cause i need a job or i'll go crazy in anticipation:)
Dusty said you should bring a salmon along.
I think you should bring your laptop to watch movies, colorful socks and slippers, hair bands so micah can french braid your hair :), cell phone and charger, pride and prejudice, your husband, mp3player, something comfortable to wear home, deodarant, bathrobe, jerky, and a cute little outfit for lil' George Michael ...haha
All I know is that we took WAY too much stuff and I barely even touched all the stuff I brought! A couple of comfy outfits that you don't care too much about (sweats, etc.) and a large outfit to wear home because you won't be as small as you hope you will after giving birth. I brought a shirt that was too small and it was painfully depressing. Any way, toiletries, comfy clothes, camera, laptop so Micah can keep us up-to-date on the happenings:-), an outfit for ? Michael Stickler to wear home (you don't need any clothes for while you're there, they provide them and do the laundry). I think that about does it. A very small bag is all you need!
I'm surprised that Dusty thinks a Salmon will help... but I think I'll put that in my bag now so that I don't forget! HA HA that would be smelly.
I'm sure that I will take too much stuff - but I would rather have it all there than wish I had something that would have been easy to grab. Ya know?
Thanks for the ideas ladies!
That's why you have a husband who can carry a lot. What fun would it be for you guys to leave the hospital and all he's carrying is a car seat and like one small bag? It's your first kid, you have to take at least 3 trips. :) By your second or third you Molliness will kick in...but you gotta just bring everything that you could possibly dream up at first.
I think the most interesting suggestion that I have received was from a guy at our church. He recommends that we take a bowling pin to the hospital with us. He swears that it makes THE best massage tool and will make Micah's job easier... and my pain lesser.
I thought that was pretty interesting :)
Post a Comment