Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Nessie is making me look bad!

So, my dear friend Nessie Knizley is making me look like a slacker when it comes to blogging. How the heck do you have time to take all of those pics, post them, make lots of comments on THREE different blogs!?!?!

I want to apologize to my readers... I'm sorry that I haven't kept you updated so much on my daily happenings. Here is an attempt to go back in time to tell you what life has been like in recent months.

Mon - Fri 8-5:30ish... I sit at the desk in our den and click and type and talk. I get up once in a while to let the dog in or out or to get a drink or to go pee (which has been getting a lot more frequent due to our little man bouncing on his head on my bladder!)

  • Monday nights I try to accomplish things - Micah goes to class for his Masters
  • Tuesday nights we sometimes hang out with the Ahrendt's while watching Idol (which I'm slightly disappointed in this year)
  • Wednesday night Micah is at class again and I spend the evening with high school kids at our youth group - I love them but always walk away pretty tired and thought provoked.
  • Thursday night (every other week) we go to a Bible study on the Holy Spirit... it has been really good and I'm so glad that we joined. On the "off" weeks we hang out or try to get stuff done.
  • Fridays is like the beginning of a vacation - every week. I love Friday nights! (This Friday night our church is having a "variety show" - like a talent show or something) and that is always a lot fun and it will probably be the last event that we hold in our old church building!!
  • Saturdays vary greatly. But we usually go to church on Sat. night - I have been doing nursery 1 time per month but I have backed out of that until sometime in the future because I need to be careful doing all of that bending over, picking up kids, playing on the floor... I'm now EIGHT MONTHS pregnant!
  • Sundays we sleep in and relax and at some point during the day I get the house and myself (heart and mind) ready to lead the H.S. girls Bible study.
Monday... it starts all over :)

I am done with monthly and bi-weekly doctor appointments and now get to visit my awesome doc weekly! She is so great at answering my questions and I feel like we are friends (that only get about 20 minutes to talk and I have to pay to see her... LOL

As far as our little boy: He is growing (which means I'm looking more pregnant) at the normal pace, he gets hiccups pretty regularly (at least daily - is that normal? AND does anyone know how babies get hiccups? I thought you had to be breathing air to get hiccups??? This puzzles me and I keep forgetting to ask my Doc.) He kicks me (almost always on my right side - so I think his butt is on the left) and is head down and sitting pretty low according to the doc.

I am still (barely) below my highest weight ever! Funny huh? I gained about 30 pounds my first year away from home - because I LIVED on pasta all day long, every day. Literally, I don't remember buying any fruit or veggies during the time I lived in North Bend. Anyway, I am still just below that (although I think I will pass it up in the next week or two) and I am still not BIG enough for anyone's opinion. I think Nessie and I have the opposite problem in this area. AND I have to say that I am praising God because I think that being "small" pregnant is probably the best thing for my back issues. I haven't had any back issues during my whole pregnancy - PRAISE GOD - and thank you for any prayers you said on my behalf about this.

Nursery pictures:


Pictures of me:
Peek-a-boo! There are my feet :)

3 comments:

Justin Bodeutsch said...

you are definitely bigger than last time i saw your belly. it was nice being small, i didnt get huge either. you are cute (=
i love the painting on your babys wall, who did it? and the orange is so groovy!
and yes nessie does make you look bad, but she makes everyone look that way since she posts TEN entries in one day..., good night! (=
good to hear an update!
gwen

Bethany said...

good job for posting so much :)

I can't believe it's getting so close. :) The nursery looks awesome...it's really come together! I have said it before but it truly is an answer to prayer about things with your back. In a month and a half you will have a little one in your arms and you will e able to ignore your computer for awhile ...yahooo...

Love ya sis....

Emily said...

Thanks for all the updates! It's nice to hear from you again!