Monday, June 16, 2008

Life so far...


a picture for all my fans :)

(the following was written from Corban's perspective by his mom - his fingers are a little small to type efficiently)

Once upon a time I was nice and warm all the time, nobody was poking or prodding me and I was getting food and everything I needed continuously. Then everything started getting kinda cramped in there and I was getting smooshed pretty regularly too. It was getting kinda annoying. So, I decided that maybe I should change positions - I had been hanging out upside-down for quite awhile. So, I put my feet down and was still getting the squeeze pretty regularly and it felt like it was getting worse! What the heck!

After a few hours of this (so my mom tells me) all of the sudden someone grabbed hold of my legs and pulled me out of my cozy little space. I peed all over them. Then they gave a final yank and out came my head! I let out a pretty good little scream and a few people grabbed me and rubbed me all over with a blanket and then this big guy - now I know him as my papa - came and started talking to me and holding my hand and that calmed me down pretty good. They wrapped me up - which was nice since it was pretty cold - and then papa carried me over to mama and I got to say hi and get my first kisses. There was some more people looking me over and saying that I was pretty healthy and all that... and then we were finally in our room as a family. Mom looked pretty dang tired but that didn't stop me from asking for a meal right away. She and I make a pretty good team as far as this meal thing goes... That day I got to meet my grandparents (mom's parents), uncle Seth, aunt Ashley, Dusty, Bethany, Emily, Kyle, Maddox, Andi, Ethan, Tre and Kelly... it was good but all that social interaction really wore me out!

That night the nurse lady said that my breathing was too fast so she took me out of our room and I went to stay a couple days with the nurses who poked me and hooked me up to all kinds of beeping machines. They were really annoying (the machines). My mom and papa came to visit me a lot and I was introduced to even more people - but they couldn't pick me up and hold me much because of all the wires and beeping machines. The nurses were really nice and they at least felt bad when they had to poke me! On Thursday (not that I know what day it was but my mom says...), really early in the morning (not that I know what mornings are, but my mom says...) they brought mom to me again and this time they let her try to feed me and since we did so good they started unhooking the machines from me! Yeah mom! After a few more successful feedings they said we could go home (not that I know where home was, but my mom said...). We finally came home and my papa's parents came with us. It was great to get to spend some time with them and it was good to have my parents around all the time!

Now we have been at this feeding, sleeping, changing me routine for over a week (at home) I am getting used to it. My mom still looks tired, I don't know why, I let her sleep for a few hours at a time! I guess that is all to say for now... if you have any questions for me, just let me know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi, Corban...so glad you are home and getting used to the routines of life :-) someday I will meet you and give you lots of hugs and kisses also...you'll have to get used to a lot of that in your lifetime :-)
Love,
Venessa

Bethany said...

Well Corban, your auntie Bethany thinks your a pretty cool kid already. I've enjoyed seeing all the cool faces you make and hearing you squeak during church. It's been fun watching your parental units be parents and I hope that you always appreciate them for being so fantastic. :)haha

Alec and Becky said...

Congrats Molly and Micah!! Praise God!!! I can't wait to meet him!