So, Corban will be among the few, proud, the... diapered? We (Me & my boy) are going to our church's women's retreat this weekend. That means, Micah will be free from changing diapers or holding a fussy baby for the entire weekend! We will miss Micah... but I'm glad he isn't coming to women's retreat.
I was discussing with a friend the "ora" that surrounds women's events. It usually oozes with cheddar, I mean, cheese. I love the women in our church and I have been thoroughly encouraged and challenged by their words of wisdom and their loving actions - but why is it that church women are always so cheesy? Is that how God intended us to be? Some have called me cheesy in the past - but my cheesiness is different. I'm more like a B rate movie or the person who is the only one laughing at my puns. So, can women just be women, without being cheesy? What are your thoughts?
Seriously, I always come home from things like this with a fresh or changed perspective AND really really tired :) I'm hoping that God will direct our speaker to the Scriptures that will cause heart change in many - and I'm hoping to get a little rest.
Dahlia: My Cello Performance
10 years ago
4 comments:
I wish I could go with you...I woulnd't mind a little cheese in my life, haha...maybe I just want a little Molly :-) How is Corban doing? I tried to call you last week or the week before (time has been running together for me)...I'll try again.
Love you!
I TOTALLY hear you! I faithfully attend all things Women at our church, but not necessarily always with a cheerful spirit. I go to show my support, but it's tough sometimes. I hope you had a fun time, none-the-less. Let's change the world. Does Micah have Friday off work?
It always makes me laugh to think back to Joel's face when he realized that I would not be taking Ethan on the second women's retreat I went to since he was not breastfeeding any longer. So tell Micah to enjoy it while it lasts :)
i prefer sharp cheddar...
hmmm in my experiences with cheesiness women things at church, i remember in high school thinking that a lot, but then in retrospect i realize it was probably because those women were a completely different age bracket than i was and so irrelevant to my culture. like two different worlds. and even since then i would probably say the same thing. the several churches i have been involved with in my twenties i dont recall running across as much cheesiness... but as long as people are true and genuine i dont really care if they are cheesy.
Post a Comment