I have completed my first week at my new job and I am feeling very thankful for the love and support I have had from my hubby. I figured it is fitting to pay a tribute to him since it is Valentines Day. He and Corban did a photo shoot for me at some point and they printed and framed a picture for me to take to work and put on my desk. I love it! So sweet.
As for the job... it is in some ways like going back to sleep and restarting a dream that you were in before the alarm went off. I find my fingers entering codes that I shouldn't remember, but my fingers apparently do! Everyday I remember new things that are really just old things that have been stored in my head all this time. I am thoroughly enjoying the sense of purpose that I have each day and getting to know my co-workers and boss. I believe that I can, with God's help and blessing, help the business to grow and be a blessing to my coworkers, my boss and our clients all at the same time.
During the last year or so I have come to appreciate, in a new way, practical help. We have been helped by several people with simple things like meals after Corban was born. Free babysitting so that Micah and I can remain connected. Someone else changing a diaper. Assistance putting together my resume. Encouragement when I had a hard day. Oh, I should definitely mention a huge abundance of baby "stuff" before the cute little guy even got here. Help with the revamping of my wardrobe so that I didn't have to wear sweatpants and a robe to my new job (that would have been funny!). The list goes on and on. I was convicted recently that when I read or hear prayer requests I, as part of the body of Christ, can find ways to be an answer... not just another person praying about it. I am determined to look for ways that I can be used to answer other people's prayers. I think it is what God intended when he called us the body. When your head itches, you don't pray about it, you use your hand to scratch the itch! Hopefully that all makes sense.
So. I pray now that God would help me to have my eyes open to see where HE can use me to strengthen and help the body that I am a part of. I am so thankful that the body has been so helpful to us.
6 comments:
Molly, WE are so happy that God provided a job for you and that it is going well. I don't know if it is your ideal job, but it should get you guys through the student teaching. It is exciting what God is teaching you, it is amazing how little things that people do mean so much. I am sure many people will be blessed to have you in their lives.
Also I love the blue vest...soo cute!
great post, you always have good things to say. we are so glad that a job has taken you and that micah has been able to take care of corban. what daycare did you go with? i completely agree with meeting peoples needs, i have been also trying to be more proactive and think "why not me?" instead of "oh i hope someone helps them" ...
happy valentines day!
gwen
:) The little blue vest that Corban is wearing was worn by my brothers when they were babies 30+ years ago!!!
Molly
Praise God for His provision! Praise God for your men! What a great photo!!!
Time to update!!!!!
Post a Comment