So, I have been learning (seems like I would KNOW this by now) that I can't "do" it all on my own. Here is what I mean:
I can get to and from work and accomplish the tasks that are necessary. I can take care of the basic needs of my son, my husband and myself (food, laundry, clean up once in awhile so we can find the floor...). I can make it to church and to Bible study and even have people over on occasion. I can keep in touch with my family - although not as often as I should - and some long distance friends.
These are the things that I CAN do. On my own, they are almost always done with no love. I accomplish the tasks and fall into bed wondering why life seems so tedious. Then there are those sweet moments when I look at my son while he is learning something new and I see a spark or when Micah and I catch a second to look into each others eyes and things seem in focus or when I get up in the middle of the night to get a drink and I look out the kitchen window and the moon is so bright and silver and it feels like God put it there just for me to gaze at while I chug a glass of water. These moments I am alive. Fully awake - fully aware - fully alive. They are the moments that I want to cry happy tears of thankfulness and they also draw out the sadness that I feel so much of the time... life seems wasted by tedious things. Anyway, recently I have felt God calling me to LOVE through the tediousness. This plays out in a million ways but to know that God sees value in all of the details that we live through. He isn't going to gloss over the many things that seem "everyday" but he will be filled with joy when we seek Him and find him in the everyday things.
I am thankful that Jesus is my Lord and that there is not only HOPE but PURPOSE in my very "normal" life.
Dahlia: My Cello Performance
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment