Thursday, August 02, 2007

Freedom.

After a discussion that we had at work today I was contemplating freedom. I'm not talking about American freedoms... like freedom of speech and all that. I'm talking about freedom to be REAL. Do you ever wish that you didn't have the pressures of expectation weighing on you? Do you know that you don't have to feel those pressures?

This is sort of a personal revelation for me... or maybe a re-revelation, since it isn't an entirely new thought to me. I have been given freedom in Christ to be who I am and to grow into what He created me to be. The way that plays out is astonishing to me! God wants me to take RISK - with my heart, my "self-esteem"(whatever that is), my ideas, my passions - If I never take risk, what kind of faith am I demonstrating? Well, the way I figure it is, that if I live a safe life I have not trusted God. When I do something that I KNOW I can do, I'm trusting in me, my ability. When I try to do something that I don't know if I can do (or I know I CAN'T do) I am trusting that God will guide me or miraculously give me what I need. This will seem foolish to the world - but isn't that what we are supposed to seem like to them? We have been set free to love with no boundaries and to bring glory to God!

So, how do I apply this (because I hate theories that mean nothing in real life)? Ideas? Or, how would you apply it in your own life?

No comments: