Well.. I suppose it would come to this topic someday so it might as well be now. Diets bug me because I really like food. But I also have a desire to be happy with my shape/size/weight.. So.. diets are thrust upon me from every direction.. at the bookstore, on TV, on the radio, on my computer! I would run but I can't. So, I consider them and decide that they look like a good idea and I never do anything else. No I have not lost a single pound while reading about these many scrumptuous diets. I don't feel the burn. In fact I think reading about all that food made me hungry and when I went to my cupboards and found only chips (ready to be eaten) I have probably gained weight studying diets. Bummer.
In my time researching I have come across some calculators (where I love to waste time figuring out how bad a food that I am about to eat really is!). As I find them I will post them on the left. Here is one I thought was interesting so I posted it.. click on "Find out here" under "What is this yummy worth?".
Maybe someone out there will be deterred from eating that brownie because you realize that it will take 22 hours and 55 minutes of napping to work it off.. and that sounds like too much work :)
Dahlia: My Cello Performance
10 years ago
2 comments:
Just so you know, you almost perfectly fixed the alignment of your text. Almost. Some lines are fine, some have a couple of letters over in the orange margin one the right side of page, but it looks a lot better.
I lost 16lbs on a diet. Wasn't worth it though. I am sure i gained it all right back. I do want to start eating better, but i am more concerned with my exercise level. Hopefully, i will start riding the bike home from work when the weather gets a bit warmer. Also, there is discussion of getting some kind of a membership at Mt. Scott so i can go swimming and work out there a few times a week. Really, i just need to be consistent and disciplined and structure the rest of my time better.
"Food is like money, it comes and it goes without anything of lasting signifance to show for it, except for waste." - ME
Post a Comment