Friday, January 18, 2008

Sorry to be so morbid... but its real.

So, I was thinking today while I was frustrated with my wonderful husband. "What really matters?" "What would I regret if I knew I was going to die tomorrow?"

What would I change about my life?

I want to live to the fullest and I don't want to regret anything!

I want to look back on my life and remember a lot of loving and a lot of laughing... maybe even some crying. I don't want to remember the hours I have spent being annoyed with people I love (brothers, parents, my husband, and friends all fall into that category). I want my heart to be full of joy as I recall events that could have been hard but that turned out really well. I don't want to wish I hadn't stressed out so much. I don't think I will care about how hilarious some TV shows are or how long it takes for the truck to defrost. I probably won't think about how I prefer Oregon to Washington as far as gas services - because I want to sit in my car and listen to my radio while someone else pumps the fuel.

God has given me so many good gifts:
These are just a couple of the blessings in my life (my hubby and our dog).

And yet... even as I write this blog I feel lethargic and bored... I'm watching TV because I can't think of something else to do (other than housework).

So, what do you want to remember? What do you know you will regret? or at least forget?

No comments: